I was tagged by my fellow blogger friend The Average Aspirant for this “Beauty Tag.” I was super excited because I love makeup and spend a good amount of my time keeping up in the beauty world. So thanks Average Aspirant for tagging me! Be sure to check out her page and read some of her wonderful posts, they’re incredibly informative and a fantastic read! 🙂
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
Hmm…My first makeup item I probably owned was most likely eyeliner…I went through a heavy emo and scene phase in school…lets not talk about it!
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I haven’t really found a mascara that I love and buy everytime. I usually buy a different kind everytime, I mainly make my decision based on the price. My ideal mascara would be one that is lightweight, semi waterproof and lengthens.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
I am a full covereage kind of girl and have to be matte!
4. Favourite high end brand?
Morphe has wonderful eyeshadow pallets.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I’d like to try more Benefit and Tarte products, also Kylie Cosmetics.
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
7. Do you wear false lashes?
No…I tried to put them on once and failed.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Eyeliner, I always have some in my purse.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
My Champagne Pop highlighter because it is the first high end makeup product I have and Nick bought it for me as a present. 🙂 ❤
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I mainly go looking for makeup when I need it. I pick up items here and there I guess.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I mainly only buy makeup when I need it, so I budget pretty well.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I usually use my reward card whenever I buy from that store.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
I haven’t really ran into one yet.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
Not really. I don’t like face washes that have a lot of alcohol.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Sephora, Ulta, Target.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
I always like to see whats new and try it out!
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Bath and Body Works has great smelling perfumes and lotions. Lush is amazing!
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Elf. They’re affordable and good quality.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I think Tarte’s packaging is adorable!
21. Which celebrity always have great makeup?
I’m loving Khloe Kardashian’s latest looks.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. Favourite beauty gurus:
Jaclyn Hill, Manny MUA, Jeffree Star and Laura Lee are all stunning!
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Sometimes, when I’m running late to work.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes…if not, they are creasy bitches. >:[
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Shampoo, conditioner if I’m not feeling lazy.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
30. What do you love about makeup?
I love how makeup is such an amazing art form! I love sitting down at my vanity and taking time to do my makeup and make sure everything is precise! I also love watching youtube beauty gurus, their videos are so calming, funny and comforting to me.
The Confessions of a Desi Girl
The 5ft 2 Perspective
Thank you so much for reading!